We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's that time again!

Sometimes when a trip is over, you get on the plane (or back in the car), and immediately wonder when you will be back. And then there are the trips where you get back in the car (or on the plane) knowing full well that you will never see that place again. When I boarded the plane in Atlanta two years ago, I was fairly certain that I would not see the South again. So what brings us back to the land of gravy and confederate flags? I give you evidence A:

I would like to briefly clarify a few things about this photo. First, my mother will take full responsibility for the haircut (or she should). And I take full responsibility for that outfit -- Punky Brewster is my fashion icon. (And, Kym, I would apologize for posting your photo, but you are SO DANG CUTE in this picture).

So, back to evidence A. TENNIS!!! My earliest memories of tennis are riding my bike around the neighborhood with my friend Heather, looking for open courts. Most recently I stayed up through the night watching the Australian Open. I love the sound when the ball hits the sweet spot of your racket. I love being at the net and blasting quick shots left and right. I love that a tennis racket feels like an extension of my arm. And let's be honest, I love wearing a tennis skirt!! One of my lifelong dreams is to attend Wimbledon, but for now it will be the Family Circle Cup in Charleston, SC. We'll also be traveling to Savannah, GA and of course finding every National Park in the area.

Check back for our beginning adventures on Sunday or Monday. Happy Trails!

2 comments:

  1. 'Tis Sunday. Whatcha been doin'?

    Ft. Pilaski is worth a visit. Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fantastic! How fun, can't wait to hear what trouble you ladies are into. I love that photo of us ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete