We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bluebird Cafe

As we were listening to the music tonight at the Bluebird Cafe, I heard a string of lyrics from one artist that would have made a great title for today's blog, but I can't remember it now. Isn't that the way it always is?

We had a great evening at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville. The Bluebird Cafe is a tiny (and I mean tiny) little bar/cafe that features up and coming Nashville artists. We made reservations for the early show which features some of the newest/hottest song writers. Mom and I both agree that the entire trip was worth the two hours we spent there. It was a very intimate setting; we were right next to to the stage, and there were no more than fifty people in attendance. Although four artists were on the bill for the night, we saw nine different people in all because they all brought a singer or guitar player with them. Our favorites were the two artists closest to us, Rick Tiger (http://www.myspace.com/rick_tiger) and Morgan Bracy (http://www.morganbracy.com/). It was a great evening, because it was the Nashville experience -- amazing music in a dirty little bar. It wasn't really a bar, but you get the idea. :)

The rest of the day really wasn't noteworthy. We got our nails done in Knoxville before heading west through a thunderstorm to Nashville. I've about had my fill of Civil War information, and that seemed to be the entirety of the information presented in the AAA guidebook. I'm up to my ears in generals, battles and Confederates -- oh my! I'm sure we'll get just a little more as we make our way back to Atlanta on Saturday.

Tomorrow is the Grand Ole Opry!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you two are having a great time. Lots of "little bars" in Nashville for up and coming stars. I know you will enjoy the Opry and the rest of Nashville. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete