We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Friday, April 6, 2012

Savannah, sort of

We got up this morning with the intent of exploring downtown Savannah. We took the Juliette Gordon Low (founder of Girl Scouts) ferry across the river to River Street and then walked a few blocks up to get some coffee. The thunderstorms from last night had passed, but it was cold!! I don't think it got above 60 today! While 60 sounds good in Snoqualmie right now, we don't have the clothes for it here! We had really wanted to see the squares that Savannah is famous for, so we walked through two and called it even. We were sort of historied out...  :)

So we did what girls do when they need a pick me up -- went shopping and found margaritas.  :) There aren't a myriad of Mexican restaurants here, but we found a brand new one that was a near a mall. So we shopped, we laughed, we ate tacos.

When I was in middle school I hated my hair.  It was curly and unruly where the other girls' hair was shiny and tame.  As a "grown up" I love my hair. I often get up, fluff it and throw a bobby pin in it before going to work.  Even on the coast when the wind is blowing and the water is softer, it's gorgeous.  But here? Oh my.  I have at least two inches of frizz encircling my head.  No, not the normal curly hair frizz -- this is frightening. And in a true role reversal,  mom's hair is awesome.  It has body, it isn't lying flat, it looks great at the end of the day. I suppose it's her turn...

In the morning we have to head to Atlanta to catch a plane home. :(  We hate when a vacation comes to an end, but we do have some cute new clothes to pack.  It'll take about four hours to get to Atlanta.  If you want to listen along with us, here's the playlist we created for our road trip (yes, I know it won't last four hours!).

Midnight Train to Georgia -- Indigo Girls
Highway 20 Ride -- Zac Brown Band
Down in Mississippi -- Sugarland
Set Fire to the Rain -- Adele
Skinny Dippin' -- Whitney Duncan
Georgia On My Mind -- Ray Charles
Georgia Peaches -- Lauren Alaina
Heads Carolina, Tails California -- Jo Dee Messina
On the Road Again -- Willie Nelson
No Air -- Jordyn Sparks/Chris Brown
Carolina In My Mind -- James Taylor
The Devil Went Down to Georgia -- Charlie Daniels Band

And for the record, no we didn't go skinny dippy.   :)
Check back tomorrow for one last post!!

1 comment:

  1. Know it well - humidity and different water - day 4 you need entirely new hair products ;)

    Crank the volume up, open the "moon roof" and enjoy the drive. Safe journey home.

    J xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete