We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Travel Interview

We join Ann and Erica on 1-75 for their final thoughts on this year's trip.

Favorite Attraction--
Ann: Cypress Gardens
Erica: Tennis, Day 2

Day You Were the Hottest--
Ann: Tennis, Day 1
Erica: Just to be clear, it's not just heat. It's sweat, stickiness, and general malaise. Tennis, Day 1.

Weirdest Food Experience--
Ann: Soft Shell Crab Po'Boy (there were legs!!)
Erica: I ordered catfish on the first night (and ate half!).

Best Food Experience--
Ann: Wedge Salad at Sheraton Bar
Erica: Goat cheese pizza at the Westin Bar (we didn't go to that many bars!!)

A Time When You Wanted to Douse Yourself in Purel--
Ann: Probably the Pier at Tybee Island -- bare feet!
Erica: Mine's gotta be a bathroom. Maybe the one in K-Mart. Oh, but Tybee Island! I blocked that out -- almost cut off my feet.

Most Unexpected Entertainment--
Ann: Last night I would have said fireworks, but now...the Indian wedding this morning was fairly entertaining.
Erica: Yes, the wedding was high entertainment, but I laughed so hard at K-Mart after that lady backed her cart over us and I accidentally beaned you with my soda (no injuries).

Favorite Southern Moment--
Ann: Driving on unmarked freeways.
Erica: Stumbling across the several varieties of flags (confederacy, battle, succession...)

Place You'd Come Back To--
Ann: I would come back to see more tennis in Charleston. I certainly don't want to go to the ocean. Amendment: I would go back to Creative Yarns in Macon!
Erica: Ha! Great minds! If tennis were involved, I would go back to Charleston. Otherwise, maybe Beaufort.

Favorite Historical Place/Info--
Ann: Has to be Fort Pulaski.
Erica: Historical homes in Beaufort.

Middle of the Night Memory--
Ann: Sleeping?
Erica: Dumping the alarm clock radio backwards off the night stand, watching it ricochet off the back wall and night stand, pulling a phone and speaker with it, and mom kept sleeping!

Biggest Frustration--
Ann: Trying to get Erica's glasses from Augusta to anywhere else we were going.
Erica: Oh yeah, my glasses. When I was blind at least I couldn't see my hair! Frizz- ease, yeah right. Or wait -- maybe it was the @#% GPS from Hertz.

I Wish--
Ann: I wish we had famous Coconut Cake in Charleston.
Erica: I wish the accents were thicker!! There was hardly anything to impersonate. And at this moment I wish the freeway wasn't as bumpy.

Happiest Moment--
Ann: Seeing how happy Erica was watching tennis.
Erica: Oh. :) Ain't she the best? I really was happy at the tennis, and happy to share it with mom!!

See you next year!!

2 comments:

  1. "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

    Loved riding with you guys ... sad to see it end. But I'll be back next trip!

    ReplyDelete