We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Thursday, March 29, 2018

x 9/5 + 32

Using the above formula, I have discovered that it is approximately 10 degrees F outside.  10 2/5 to be exact. Whatever. It's COLD!  However, we spent the day enjoying the 31 degrees (C, of course),  at the World Waterpark (that's approx 87 degrees F, you know give or take).


We rented a cabana, played cards, bobbed around in the wave pool, and just generally relaxed. Even after showering, I can still smell the chlorine! I think my dry skin just drank it all up.  I haven't been in a wave pool since...I don't know -- youth group at Wild Waves? It's been a while. Man was it fun! You have to get the hang of it though -- jumping just before the wave hits and counting them so you know where you are in the series. Wave four always came a little stronger and faster than the others. Well that, was my strategy anyway. My travel partner though, is several inches shorter than me. Her strategy was more of a jump, bob, bob, try and survive strategy. After the series of waves was over, I'd look around and she'd be 15 or 20 feet down the "beach" having ridden the wave out since she couldn't touch.  We laughed ourselves silly! Almost like putting flippers on at Kaanapali beach. 

We've also watched a couple of movies, last night enjoying "The Greatest Showman". 



I mean what else are you supposed to do after an inspiring circus show, but do your own stupid human tricks? Our only prop was the mini-foam roller I had to purchase.  And today, I am all about the soundtrack. "Make no apologies, this is me!"


I know - like I needed some more blind confidence. "Battle of the Sexes" threw some gas on that fire too. I feel unstoppable!  You know, which is so necessary at the end of the day when you are heading to bed.  But seriously, if you didn't live that moment -- see the movie. I couldn't look away. I mean I'm a HUGE Billie Jean King fan, and a fan of  tennis in general, but I think it's a must see even if you don't go in as a tennis super-fan.  

Goodnight travelers! Thanks for journeying with us, even to this strange destination choice. I know you're all wondering. We had a waitress the other night practically fall over when we told her we came here on vacation, as a choice. She was from Calgary, and couldn't understand choosing this "small town". Um, first of all, it's a HUGE city. And second of all...vacation is vacation! We love to travel, and find new places. Whenever we hit the road, we turn up Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again". This time we were tooling down the Yellowhead Highway, and laughed as we were singing:

On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again


Definitely this is a place that we will probably not see again. I would love to see Jasper in the summer, but there are so many places I have yet to see at all. Edmonton can be checked off the list. We came, we saw, we explored. 

And then there's this:


We have the immense pleasure of living at our favorite vacation spot. We live there! I'm willing to travel anywhere once, as long as we get to come home to this beach. Happy sigh. 

Tune in for tomorrow's adventure. We have one more cool thing up our sleeves!




No comments:

Post a Comment