We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Aloha!

When I was in high school my church youth group was invited to a Native American island in Alaska. After spending a week there, they sent us off without goodbyes, insisting that it was "see you later", leaving the door open to see one another again. I think that is the spirit of "aloha" since it expresses both hello and goodbye.  Today was our last day in Maui, and though we had a great time at the pool this morning, we had a bit of sadness towards the afternoon.  We love it here.   

So, in the spirit of a last day, here are our favorites. And don't worry, we didn't stay sad very long. We had some fruity beverages and went shopping -- that will cure any ailment! :)

Favorite Food
Ann: The mahi with the citrus rub and passionfruit sauce.
Erica: Also mahi! Mine had a yummy Thai coconut sauce. 

Favorite Beverage
Ann:  Passionfruit Smoothie
Erica: Ack! I forgot about the smoothie. I loved that. But I also loved the green flash colada.  (I drank more this week than I have in years!).

Favorite Experience
Ann:  The jeep trip on Lanai. The unknown of it made it so fun!
Erica:  Turtles at Turtle Town. Have I mentioned I love those guys?

Favorite Purchase
Ann: Croc Sandals - oceanspray in color. 
Erica: Is it cheating to say a purchase made before the trip? My grown up sunglasses were awesome.  They aren't red, retro or with flowers, but they worked great (and looked divine if I do say so myself).

Favorite Photograph
Ann:  The series of remote pictures at Shipwreck Beach. And again, I didn't bring the tripod. I mean, I brought it on the trip, but not on the mini-trip. Sigh.
Erica:  I really like the remote picture from the mile 17 stop on Haleakala.

Favorite Cookie Flavor
Ann: Pineapple Mac Nut
Erica: Lilikoi Mango

Favorite Uncontrollable Laughter
Ann: Gotta be in the jeep. Half of what happened didn't make the blog... Although the first time in the water at Kaanapali trying to put flippers on was pretty awesome. 
Erica:  Hmmm.  We laughed so much! I would agree with the jeep though.  The laughter was coupled with anxiety about not having a bathroom. That made me a little more hysterical.

It's time to pack up the computer! Thanks for traveling with us. Aloha!




2 comments:

  1. Aloha ... see you next trip.
    J xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caught up on your blog today...probably a good thing I didn't read it all last week as the icky-poo Spring Break weather here made me grumpy! Lots of fun to read your adventures!

    ReplyDelete